Doctoral and Masters Research Fellowships
The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies will normally accept those who wish to carry out work on post doctoral, doctoral or masters theses for periods of 3-6 months. Because we are a small Institute and have little physical space, this is always a competitive process. Applicants should have a defined project which will be either to write a chapter or chapters of a PhD or Masters thesis, or a research project which will be agreed with them before their application is accepted. All work must be written in English and will normally be for publication by OIES.
Acceptance will also depend on the timing and duration of the visit and the nature of the research work which the applicant proposes to carry out. To apply for a visiting fellowship, the following information should be submitted to: [email protected]
• Proposed length of stay at the Institute.
• Confirmation that the applicant will be enrolled in a PhD/Masters programme during the fellowship.
• Whether the applicant’s sponsoring institution will provide all of the funds required for the fellowship and specifically whether the applicant is seeking funds from the Institute.
• A one-page outline of the specific piece of research which the applicant proposes to carry out at the Institute.
• A copy of a piece of research which the applicant has written/published in English.
• A CV.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE INSTITUTE WILL NORMALLY NEED AT LEAST THREE MONTHS NOTICE BEFORE ANY APPLICANT CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR THESE POSITIONS, AND WILL NOT NORMALLY PROVIDE FUNDS.
Research Assistants and Interns
OIES normally requires all staff to carry out their own research. Occasionally however, we may consider engaging research assistants or interns for a particular project. These positions will be advertised on the website as and when there is a vacancy. We do not accept undergraduate students as research assistants or interns.