The Dynamics of Power, Power Generation Investment In Liberalised Electricity Markets
Liberalisation has brought big changes to electricity markets in recent years. Yet there is little agreement on whether these changes are for the better, or on how best to organise a liberalised electricity market. Particular uncertainties arise over investment in electricity generation – is there enough investment of the right sort to meet society’s needs and, if not, how can more investment be encouraged? Malcolm Keay’s study looks at the evidence and at possible solutions.
- Special Characteristics of Electricity Markets
- Pricing and Investment in Liberalised Markets
- Experience in Liberalised Markets
- Adequacy of Investment
- Meeting Environmental Objectives
- Looking Forward – Vision for the Industry